- Isn’t it great if I can push my favorite Google Reader article to Instapaper for a later reading?
- Isn’t it great if I can get an SMS alert, if the weather.com forecasts rain in Bangalore today evening?
- Isn’t it great if I can move my personal tweets to my Gmail account for later reference?
- Isn’t it great if I can get an email alert if my twitter follower mentions me?
Some of the facts that support this observation:
- This week Facebook announced to buy Instagram for $1bn. (Instagram has just 13 employees but has about 50 million plus users. Instagram works by providing several photo filters that can make ordinary photos / pictures visually appealing. After applying filters these pictures can be share.)
- Pinterest has 12 million users and has grown 145% from January to March. (Pinterest operates like an online pin board. Pinterest allows to bookmark (called pinning) any pictures that we see online and share them on a board. Anybody who likes your picture can also pin it. Popularity in terms of Pins most likely to get noticed and drive traffic)