IBM is working on an initiative to provide a framework that dynamically integrates and synchronizes people, processes and assets associated with software development projects. Jazz is an initiative to transform software delivery making it more collaborative, productive and transparent.
- Jazz separates the implementation of tools from the definition of and access to the data.
- Jazz federates data across independent databases using Internet protocols.
- Jazz can access and integrate data where it resides - Jazz does not need to import and export data between tools or repositories
- Jazz assumes an open, flexible, distributed data model.
- Jazz allows tools to be implemented in any Internet-aware programming language or platform.
- Jazz supports multiple client technologies.
Jazz is being developed as an open intiative. More details on how to download and start using the jazz platform can be found here.