I will add to that, the team should decide early on the rules that need to be followed for these meetings. In ours, we usually had the following
- If you are coming late to the meeting, make sure to inform.
- Before the start of the meeting, make sure you have updated the white board
- No beating of the dead horse ( meaning - no debates if the team can not make/take decisions in the meeting)
- Switch Off/Turn On Vibration Mode on your cell phones during the meeting
- No cross talks during the meetings
- Violation of any above guidelines leads to a fine ( we had $1 for every offense)
The fine money collected for the week was used for having lunch/snacks during the week depending on the amount collected.
Team can decide early on which guidelines make sense and accordingly add/delete to the list. Once agreed, these need to be published and put on display where the meeting is conducted