JBoss SEAM 1.0 represents a redefinition of web application architecture that extends the POJO + annotation-driven and configuration-by-exception programming model of EJB 3.0 into the entire web application stack. It integrates Java EE 5 technologies like EJB 3.0, JSF and JMS into a unified programming model and narrows the semantic gap between the business domain and the Java programming language by deeply integrating technologies like jBPM for business process and user interaction modelling and Drools for management of business rules.
Seam 1.0 has the following new features:
* Support for JSR-168 compliant portal engines such as JBoss Portal
* Elegant handling of internationalization and JSF messages via EL-based interpolation
* Helper components for JMS senders/publishers
* JSF tag library
* Redesigned XML-based configuration facility
* Support for integrating databinding architectures
* Eventing architecture for loosely-coupled components
* Seam Logging
* JBoss Cache integration for cluster-wide state replication
* Experimental Drools integration
* Compatibility with the Java EE 5 reference implementation
* Provides unique contextual state management architecture
Check out for more details here.
Application Framework for Java EE 5