I have always found it difficult to keep track of the RAD tools and where are they supposed to be used. Today, I am listing down the RAD Tool options for Design and construction phase.
Design and construction tools
IBM Rational provides tools for architecture, design modeling, construction, model-driven development, architected rapid application development (RAD), component testing and runtime analysis activities. These tools help developers maximize their productivity when building business applications, software products and systems, and embedded systems and devices.
- IBM Rational Software Architect: A design and construction tool for software architects and senior developers creating applications for the Java platform or in C++ that leverages model-driven development with the UML and unifies all aspects of software application architecture
- IBM Rational Software Modeler: A UML-based visual modeling and design tool for architects, system analysts, and designers that need to ensure that their specifications, architecture, and designs are clearly defined and communicated with their stakeholders
- IBM Rational Web Developer for WebSphere Software: Build, test and deploy Web, Web services and Java applications with an IDE that is easy to learn and use.
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software: Quickly design, develop, analyze, test, profile and deploy Web, Web services, Java, J2EE and Portal applications with a comprehensive IDE.
- IBM Rational Rose Technical Developer: Supports the most advanced modeling constructs, including model execution and fully executable code generation, resulting in the highest levels of productivity.
Hopefully, it helps in selecting the right tools for the right work.
Rational Tools: What to use when !